‘Perhaps the scariest thing about being hacked is you’ll never know you’ve been hacked.’
– Edward Snowden.
These days people are aware enough about the dangers on the internet to know that there are a virus, malware, Trojan and many other potential dangers, they also are knowledgeable that antivirus software protects against these attacks. The fact is you actually do need an anti-virus software because the online world is quite a dangerous one that sure needs caution to thread upon as you may do everything right and still find out that your system has been compromised, and your vital personal, financial information stolen. It is therefore as a matter of extra security, important to be extra cautious by installing antivirus software to increase your cyber protection.
Android users have however become uncertain of how important installing an antivirus is on their devices, we would therefore furnish you with expert information on what you need to know about anti-virus for androids.
- The android operating system is a highly optimized OS and as such antivirus apps are not required and are honestly useless, this is so because, android in conjunction with google play services regularly scan you device for real time threats and thrash it immediately that is why no matter how many times you force stop your google play services, the system restarts it automatically since this service requires a constant network of connection for various activities to take place across the system.
- The truth therein is that some of the antivirus software simply advertise that they boost up your android device and protect it from virus but you observe that after installing those apps and clicking the boost button, that just clears the memory other apps are consuming in the background, oftentimes it shows fake results that your device has been boosted by 70% or speeded up now, these apps never boost your device instead they make your device slow. Only a few apps work perfectly (just about 65%) in cleaning viruses in the device and it can be quite a herculean task getting them for free.
Rather than install apps that do more harm than good, adopting the following tips would help make your android device faster, free, and safe.
- Avoid unnecessary app installation, especially apps you seldom use, it does your device better to install, use, and uninstall. Most apps on the google play store are free
- Ensure you clear the background process after using some apps or uninstalling them, as these help increase device speed.
- Apps that contain advertisements should be avoided, fish them out and uninstall.
- Avoid downloading files and videos from adult websites as these files are high risk (often time carrying 60% of the virus)
- Some people think that their device has more space, so they install as many apps as possible, doing this only makes your devices slow.
To get security antivirus and various antimalware programs can help you, but using them on an android device is not a good idea as androids are genetically safer than windows, play store already scans all the apps in its threshold and most antivirus just ends up slowing down the device and affecting its performance.